Thursday, December 13, 2012

Messy Learning Lab: Mini Volcanoes and Fingerpainting


The two activities I'm sharing today are classic messy play. Sometimes simplicity works best!


Crayola fingerpaints and fingerpaint paper from Discount School Supply invitation. After using the special, glossy paper, I highly recommend it. The paints spread easily and didn't tear the paper even after several layers of paint. The product retained the brilliant colors of the paints even after drying.


Fingerpaints are so fun!


Mini volcano invitation, vinegar in spill-proof cups (DSS, again) with liquid watercolors for color, baking soda and vinegar from the Dollar Tree, and pipettes from DSS.


The mini volcanoes are always a favorite at the library. I'm surprised more people don't do this simple science experiment at home. I recommend it for reluctant bathers as a fun bathtime activity. It's also easy to set up in the kitchen while you're busy preparing meals.

Water removes most of the mess of these activities. I'm happy to say the fingerpaints came right off the wallpaper and the floor (our custodian helped with the clean-up, so I'm not sure what he used). I did throw out the table cover for the mini-volcanoes.

I'll be sharing the two messiest activities from the Learning Lab on Saturday. I'm hosting Flannel Friday this week for the first time!

Sharing with Kids Co-Op and TGIF

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I love messy painting! I have a new saturday linky and would love to have you come by and share your fun ideas!
    http://www.teachbesideme.com/2012/12/share-it-saturday.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite Karyn! I missed the boat this week, but I'll add your linky to my pinterest board for next time.

      Delete
  2. Love the messy painting!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmsa!

    Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you Friday,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!