Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WMCIR: New Favorites (Age 3)


Two robot friends compete with costumes. It's Bobo's perfect book! They even dress like superheroes. We've read this one each evening for the past week. I love the bright robots and the use of white space. Bobo loves dressing up. I plan to use the inside cover of the book to make an activity for the weekend.


In the newest Pete the Cat adventure, Pete has mishaps with his buttons which lead to subtraction. Bobo can subtract with these small numbers. I didn't coach him, so this book is great for working with little ones. I didn't download the song, because we borrowed the book from the library. I did make my own tune, which is Bobo's favorite part. My favorite part is the surprise ending. A wonderful extension for the book would be counting buttons, like we did with our trays.


You are a Lion! is the best yoga picture book I've seen. It uses animals to teach the poses, brilliant! As I was reading aloud, Bobo did each pose on his own. I didn't even suggest it! He also learned the word "namaste." His favorite pose is the one on the cover, the lion. My favorite pose remains cat. Although it's nice to concentrate deeply while practicing yoga, I also enjoy sharing it with Bobo. He loves to lie under the "bridge" while I am in down facing dog.

Let me know if you read any of these books. I'd love to hear what your children think. I link up with What My Child Is Reading every week, so check out my sidebar. I also share on Read Aloud Thursdays.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a fan of the book, You are a Lion! Books are a great way to incorporate Yoga into a little one's routine :) We have never read Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons, I think we may have to do that soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!