Friday, April 5, 2013

Flannel Friday: I'm Driving in My Car


Next week, I'll be starting a special session of Mother Goose on the Loose. I'm offering it during the time we usually take a break from storytimes. So, I've decided to use all of my favorite rhymes and songs.

I'm Driving in My Car
From Mother Goose on the Loose
By Betsy Diamant-Cohen

I'm driving in my car
I'm driving in my car
Beep, beep! Toot, toot!
I'm driving in my car.
Additional verses: I'm driving very fast, I'm driving very slow


I love Byron Barton's car from My Car. So, I decided to make a flannel version of it to accompany the song above. As my flannel board is red, I had to change the colors somewhat so it will stand out. I love the illustration with the car pulled apart. First, I'll put up the whole car and ask what it is and what noises it makes. After we sing the song and share the book, I can pull it apart for a review.


I even made a little Sam to drive! Flannel Friday Round-Up will be appearing In the Children's Room this week. I'm also sharing with Montessori Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!