Friday, June 22, 2012

Flannel Friday: Ten Flashing Fireflies


Miss Meredith made the velcro firefly story board this week and I added the rhyme.

"Ten Flashing Fireflies" by Miss Courtney
Ten flashing fireflies flying in the night
One's bright light
Went night, night
Good-bye, sleep tight!
(count down to one)
No more fireflies flashing in the night
They are all gone, good night!


The velcro story could also be used to replace or re-tell the book Ten Flashing Fireflies by Philemon Sturges. See what the rest of the Flannel Friday group has been up to this week at Read, Rhyme & Sing.

2 comments:

  1. I love your firefly rhyme!

    Would you be interested in linking up with my Bugs ABC'S (Activities, Books, Crafts, and Snacks) Blog Hop on my blog, http://librarystorytimeabcs.blogspot.com ?

    I think it is a great Activity to add to any bug/firefly storytime or lesson plan. I would love to have you link-up!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!