Friday, November 2, 2012

Flannel Friday: Turkey Wore His Red Feather


Turkey Wore His Red Feather
Sung to the tune of "Mary Wore Her Red Dress"
From Piggyback Songs?

Turkey wore his red feather, red feather, red feather,
Turkey wore his red feather all day long.
Additional verses: green, orange, blue, yellow, pink and white



I also use this turkey for our weekly matching game in November. Thanksgiving is tricky for storytime. I'd rather focus on family than food. Lots of rhymes and stories out there make fun of the turkey getting eaten. It's just not my cup of tea. I'm excited to see what the rest of the Flannel Friday group comes up with this week!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I have a turkey that will work perfectly for this.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!