Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Storytime: Endings for 2- & 3-year-olds


I just posted about the opening routine for 2s and 3s. I also use the same closing routine each week.
1. Name Tag Removal

After singing a lull-a-bye, I ask the children to bring up their name tags and I exchange them with a handout. I used to have tags that accompanied the theme and would make new ones every five weeks. Lately, I've laminated happy faces and use a Sharpie so I can erase them and re-use them each session.

2. Fingertaster

Miss Fiona
What is a fingertaster? According to to Nichols, a fingertaster is a puppet who is very shy and has no teeth. She loves to lick fingers. The first time I introduce Miss Fiona, I let her peek out and hide until the children are very quiet. I tell them she's shy, "Do you know what that means? Do you feel shy sometimes?" Then, I ask a parent to have their finger tasted. The tastes can have something to do with the theme or just be silly. After everyone has a turn, it's time for Fiona to go back in her house and take a nap. Before she leaves, she gives each child a kiss on the hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!