Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WMCIR: Stunts


I don't know if it is intentional, but Kel Gilligan is totally Kick Buttowski! Disney, if you're reading this, please don't sue! It's a fabulous book. It reminds me of the Dinosaur VS books by Bob Shea, but for an older crowd. Kel Gilligan embarks on death-defying stunts like getting dressed BY HIMSELF. I love the parent's dialogue bubbles. Bobo thought the whole book was hilarious and didn't think Kel was at all like Kick (Kel has a nose, after all).

See, Disney? No blue stripes or cape.

I feel like a broken record, but Bobo loves ninjas, superheroes and jokes. I am keeping everyone updated with new books at least, I hope. The illustrations by Ed Young in this picture book are beautiful. The ninja is on a stealthy mission which is a mystery to the reader. The text is sparse, relying heavily on the gorgeous illustrations to tell the story.


And the joke book for the week... See, so predictable! We did not enjoy this book as much as Monkeyfarts. The jokes weren't as funny and Bobo didn't get some of them. Plus, I don't think there was one crude joke about bodily functions, which (let's face it) are B's bread and butter. 

And since we are learning about jokes, I'll leave you with a Bobo original. Q: How did the policeman catch the slob? A: He peed his pants.

Read Aloud Thursdays

3 comments:

  1. These are great books! Thanks for recommending them. I haven't read any of these and am looking forward to doing so.

    Stunts! What a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all sound like books my boys would like, especially the 6 year old. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We read Nighttime Ninjas and, as always, I marvelled at the illustrations.

    HA!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!