Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tissue Box Challenge: Miss Fiona's House

I'm a sucker for a challenge! If you are, too, check out the Annual Tissue Box Challenge. The challenge is to re-use a tissue box in a child-friendly way. I'm sharing Miss Fiona's house which, once upon a time, was a tissue box.


Miss Fiona is a staple of my toddler storytimes, so she is well-loved as is her house. I used glitter glue pens to decorate all the flowers on her house. As a house ages, its paint chips away and Miss Fiona's house is no exception. The tissue opening is covered in purple felt. Purple is Miss Fiona's favorite color. At the end of storytime, before Miss Fiona comes out, I collect the listening dust from the children. They sprinkle it on the purple felt and love touching the soft fabric.


Since Miss Fiona lives at the library and is locked in my office, she doesn't need a security system or lock on her door. Instead, she uses simple hook and loop fasteners.


And finally, Miss Fiona. Her hair is a bit of a mess, because I woke her up to take this picture. She is the softest and cuddliest fingertaster you'll ever meet! You don't know what a fingertaster is? Check back for a post all about Miss Fiona!

5 comments:

  1. Miss Fiona must be popular with her listeners! You can tell by how happy she looks. A great use for a tissue box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She even engages the shy ones! I can't even do that. She's something special.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by NurtureStore and for your comment. It's great to link up with you. Miss Fiona looks fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Fiona definitely has a friendly, welcoming face. No wonder she's a hit at story time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is super. I've got to get up the post for what she does and why the kids LOVE it.

      Delete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!