Friday, April 20, 2012

Flannel Friday: Five Little Bunnies


"Five Little Bunnies"
Ordinal Numbers
by Belinda Adkins from Mailbox: Preschool 
(I'm sorry I don't know which Mailbox. I've just got a copy of the page, 13 if that helps)

(Five) little bunnies hopping down a trail.
The (fifth) one stepped on the (fourth's) one tail.
"Ouch!" said the bunny.
"I'm sorry," said his friend.
Then, the (fifth) hopped home, and the (fourth) was on the end.
Additional verses: four, three

Two little bunnies hopping down a trail.
The second one stepped on the first one's tail.
"Ouch!" said the bunny.
"I'm sorry," said his friend.
Then the second hopped home, and the first said, "The end!"


These little guys were made using a paper overlapping technique then laminated. I love the white pom tail. Since this is an extravaganza, I'll include a couple of other things that came in
my story box this week provided by Miss Joyce and Miss Amber.


Use all those plastic eggs to make more bunnies. Make five for the rhyme above, or turn these into shakers.


I sang this to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot" at the beginning to introduce the theme.
Miss Joyce saw this on Sunflower Storytime.

I'm a little bunny
and your in luck
just turn me over
and I'm a duck!


Miss J & A suggested pairing this puppet/craft with the book Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Rosenthal.
The children loved this craft. I was even stopped by a grandparent on my lunch break the next day
to tell me her granddaughter played with it all afternoon. Awesome!

And as for the question I posted last week...
It is a cream cheese and jelly sandwich. Yum!

Thanks for checking out the bunny fun, please see the rest of the Flannel Friday Roundup hosted by Storytiming Cate.

2 comments:

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!