Friday, April 13, 2012

Flannel Friday: Going on a Picnic


“Going on a Picnic” 
Words and music by Lynn Freeman Olson from The Corner Grocery Store by Raffi. 
Put flannel pieces on the board as Raffi sings about them, chant or sing yourself.

Going on a picnic, leaving right away
If it doesn’t rain, we’ll stay all day
Did you bring the sandwiches?
(Yes I brought the sandwiches)
Did you bring the salad?
(Yes I brought the salad)
Ready for a picnic, here we go!
           
Going on a picnic, leaving right away
If it doesn’t rain, we’ll stay all day
Did you bring the melon?
(Yes I brought the melon)
Did you bring the apples?
(Yes I brought the apples)
Did you bring the lemonade?
(Yes I brought the lemonade)
Did you bring the cookies?
(Yes I brought the cookies)
Ready for a picnic, here we go!

My favorite pieces from this flannel story are the sandwich


and the salad


The layer look brings them out in person. It's like a pop-up flannel story. I just made this one, so I haven't used it yet. I plan on asking the children what kind of sandwich we brought. 
What do you think? Hint: It's delicious!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I want to say peanut butter and jelly??? All of your food looks delicious! It is making me hungry. ;-) Lol!

    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter, jelly and fluff! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the most common answer so far. I was going for jelly and cream cheese, but if you've come to one of my storytimes you'll know there is NO wrong answer.

      Delete
  3. Cute! Love the pretend food play with felt. Thanks for stopping by. I loved how the girl's pics turned out with the googly eyes. Glad Bobo enjoyed it! :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I featured your flannel picnic on my Weekly Kid's Co-op post this week! I'll have a feature button ready soon, but wanted to thank you for sharing your idea! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks! I'm really proud of that one. I'm finally in the zone with flannel. It's only taken about five years, LOL.

      Delete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!