Monday, April 16, 2012

Books: What My Child is Reading


I usually post books to go with our monthly theme. Recently, I've found a great community of readers through Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns linky party. You simply share your favorite books from the past week, so I decided to join in.
Doris the Duck: Bath Book Puppet. This is such a fun book to share. The story is about Doris and her dislike for getting her feet wet. Her mom comes up with the perfect solution, flippers. It is so fun to interrupt the story with Doris' quacking and comments. She is so soft and fuzzy, and she gives great kisses!


A new pigeon book, happy dance! Duckling asks for a cookie, politely, and receives it. Pigeon can't believe it. He asks for things all the the time and doesn't get them, like driving the bus or staying up late. He eventually loses his temper (surprise, surprise). You'll have to check it out for the hilarious ending.


I discovered this book at the doctor's office. Unfortunately, it was missing the last few pages and my library does not own it. I finally got my hands on it through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). All of the characters are pumpkins. Dr. Pompo finds a stem. Could it be a horn? After each character guesses what the stem could be, the pumpkin who has lost her nose comes forward. Being a doctor, you'd think Dr. Pompo could fix it, right?


Bobo loves the names of the gnarlies, Grubby Gurgle, Stanky Stoo and Ooga-Mooga. These three like getting messy and don't like cleaning up. They are very happy until a snooty butterfly makes them feel ugly, because they don't look like her. After trying to turn into butterflies themselves, they discover they were beautiful all along. Our favorite is the three-eyed gnarly.

4 comments:

  1. Can you believe my son and I have never read a pigeon book? I've flipped through one at the store, but my library doesn't have it. I must see if a library nearby has one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pigeon is so popular, here. My mom's kindergarten class all made pigeon pictures and they are decorating the length of the school.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for joining WMCIR! What a nice collection of books. We also read one of Freymann's books (Foods with Moods) recently and enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I found WMCIR, such a wonderful way to celebrate books.

      Delete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!