Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sensory Bin: Fall-o-ween


What's in the Bin?
Fabric leaves
Gourds
Wooden Fall food
Foam pumpkins and ghosts
Squishy eyeballs
Stretchy skeletons
Skull erasers
Jewel acorns and leaves
Test tubes with cinnamon and pumpkin spice
Red hots


When talking with co-workers about decorating this past week, I brought up our sensory bin (for the leaves). NG didn't know what a sensory bin was, so EC explained that it's a learning tool using the five senses. That statement got me thinking! In the past, I haven't focused on taste or smell within the bin so I added a couple of new things this year.


I added smell by covering cotton balls with Fall scents like cinnamon and pumpkin spice and putting them in test tubes in the bin. I added a layer of red hots for taste. YUM!


Sensory bins are always a favorite activity during school. He sorts, builds and uses his imagination to have epic battles. We also snacked on some delicious candy and made silly faces!


Happy Fall-o-ween!
Sharing at the Kids Co-Op.

2 comments:

  1. I love this sensory bin! Also, just wanted to make sure you saw I featured you last week on Tuesday Tots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you added red hots! How fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!