Saturday, October 13, 2012

What We're Watching: The Gruffalo's Child

Unlike many of the fabulous families out there in the blogging world, my family is not a no or low media family. In fact, we are probably a moderate to high media family. I love television and my husband loves video games. We are both way too invested in the Internet. We lead by example, so Bobo is pretty media happy as well. I'm not bragging, but I don't want to be ashamed of it, either. Plus, I'd like to share great finds I make in the media world.

When I'm home with Bobo, we have about an hour of quiet time in the afternoon. We close the blinds, snuggle on the couch and watch a movie or listen to music. I picked up The Gruffalo's Child on DVD at the library this week. I hadn't heard of this story before seeing it on several blogs this past year.

After popping it in, Bobo and I had afternoon tea. I had my favorite, Vanilla Truffle Black Tea with a splash of milk. Bobo had a harvest cookie and milk. The beautiful, lilting language relaxed us as the drifting snow created a magical world where a mama squirrel tells the story of the gruffalo's child.

After watching this through twice in one sitting, I'm purchasing both books! Bobo loved the scary story of the Big Bad Mouse. He just loves to be scared. I don't know where he gets it from...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!