Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WMCIR: Thump, quack, Ladybug Girl


A few months ago, we found a wonderful book called Bumblebee Boy. I found out afterwards, the book was part of a series by David Somer. So, we backtracked and read the book where Ladybug Girl creates Bumblebee Boy, Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy. Great! We finally picked up the book that started it all. My husband immediately asked, "Did you get this book for you?" He knows how much I love ladybugs!

Lulu is a very imaginative girl. She likes dressing up as different people but has the most fun when she becomes Ladybug Girl. Ladybug Girl has super powers and makes Lulu feel big and brave in a world that sees her as a little girl. Bobo can relate to this book, but he missed Bumblebee boy.


All the animals are eager to help Farmer with his corn maze, except Duck. Duck reluctantly helps, but has a secret mission at night. Look for the night vision illustrations, they are a riot. Bobo liked the funny noises of the animals hard at work.


I've never read this classic book about an island whose weather brings food instead of snow or rain. We read this in two sittings as it was rather wordy. Bobo did ask to read the sequel last night, Pickles to Pittsburgh, so he must have liked it. I just found it strange.

What did you read this week?

3 comments:

  1. I am adding the duck book to our library list. We have the other two already on our list. Love what you are sharing! (Oh - and sorry my fire prevention post did not go up sooner!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've read a number of the Duck books but not that one. My preschooler loves Ladybug Girl as well!

    Thanks for linking up to The Children's Bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these books, too! Thanks for linking up to The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!