Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tot School: Decorating


'Tis the season for decorating! Bobo loves to look over my shoulder as I'm pinning and choosing what he'd like to work on for the week. We've seen lots of decorating ideas, so I founds some things he made last year to put around the house. 

Pictured above (from left to right, top to bottom)
Jack-o-lanterns and mummy juice box crafts
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown sticker book
Sorting skull and pumpkin glitter foam pieces with tongs
5 senses book and activity (Totes for Tots)
Counting Bears
Fall pre-writing center

Bobo's favorite activity from these trays was the Charlie Brown book. He loves it! It has window-cling type stickers to put on each page as the story progresses. If you know of any other books like this, please leave me a comment! I need them for every occasion.

I kept out the counting bears, because I'm struggling to figure out what to do with them. Any ideas?

Bobo has been asking me to participate in his activities. "Your turn." We had sorting races with the tongs. I'm really enjoying our one-on-one time. Daddy can handle the socialization, right?

Linked to the original Tot School.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a website with counting bear activities. Also, Scholastic has a book of counting bear activity pages.

    http://blissfullydomestic.com/family-bliss/homeschool-family-bliss/counting-bear-activities/15852/
    /ProductDetail.aspx?product=16652

    I've been thinking about making some patterning cards for my 3 year old to use with our counting bears. He can just copy the pattern that's on there for now, and when he is ready he can extend the pattern beyond the card. It's on my to-do list, but I haven't gotten to it yet. If you're interested, I'll move it up on my mental priority list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You rock! I did get a few books from the library and haven't posted it yet. I wonder if they are the same ones. I'm thinking we may get more use out them when he's older and doing math problems (as a visual guide). We're working very hard on counting to 5 right now, LOL.

      Delete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!