Thursday, January 17, 2013

B is for Batman


B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b,
B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b,
BATMAN!

Silly Putty letter B
I like introducing the letter of the week through a Youtube video. They have catchy songs that are easy to remember with the letter's sound. Then, we follow that up with the Leapfrog Tag flashcard and song. We looked through Bobo's collection of coloring books for characters who start with the letter B.


We found Batman, Black Cat, Black Widow and Ben 10. While doing this, Bobo found his DC sticker book. It has lots of fantastic learning pages that are re-usable. After a couple of times using the stickers, they've begun to lose the stickiness. I'm trying to brainstorm ways to save them, maybe laminating or contact paper.

Foam letters, Batman size sort, Pom magnet
We worked on letter direction by using the foam magnet letters. Bobo is loving the magnet board lately. He also sorted his Ben 10 confetti, which I covered with contact paper. We played basketball and bounced a ball.


Bobo is back in love with play dough! Letter B is proving to be somewhat of a challenge to write, so we did lots of writing activities.


And lots of puzzles...


I wanted to do a Bubble experiment for our science this week, but we just didn't get to it. On Sundays, I test  Bobo with a book my mom had from my preschool days. He asked to find the letter A's, too. I like adding on letters and talking about the previous lessons. I think we'll do three letters and review the fourth week.


Check out my sidebar for Superhero ABCs for all the printables we use each week. We watched Batman (1966) as our family movie of the week. This is our favorite scene of the movie.



Sharing with Learn and Link, PreK and K Corner.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I love that movie! Superhero ABC's are such a fun idea! You're so creative! I can't wait to see the rest of them (:

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!