Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Letter A books for Avengers Assemble


I've been planning on teaching the alphabet to Bobo through his favorite topic, super heroes. When I saw these books, I thought the Avengers would be a great place to begin.

We recently received this new series of books based on the television program The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. We've already seen all the episodes, so it's good review to read the books. I also had Bobo identify the letter A's as we read as he already knew the story.


Iron Man is always the Avenger Bobo chooses first. This is the story of Tony Stark as Iron Man. It has lots of action and introduces Hydra, the bad guys.


And my favorite avenger is Thor. It helps that he has the best powers on Super Hero Squad (Wii), but I also love the folk lore in his stories. I have always been an avid reader of Greek and Roman mythology. Loki is the villain of this tale.

We also read the rest of the series available. It is an enjoyable series with action and favorite characters.
Sharing with the Children's Bookshelf and Read Aloud Thursday and Read Learn Explore.

3 comments:

  1. These are certainly books for a superhero-lover! Thank you for sharing at The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, to capitalize on his love for superheroes. This is uncharted territory at our house, but I'm not counting it out with a two year old boy and a baby boy "in the oven"! ;-)

    Thanks so much for linking up to RAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't started in with super heroes yet. I think JDaniel will love them. I am sharing this post on the Read.Explore.Learn. Facebook page on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!