Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Messy Learning Lab: Baking Cookies


When I'm trying to come up with ideas for activities at the library and at home, I search through the items I already have on hand. It helps to keep costs down and lets me be creative. For the baking cookies activity, I already had icing bags, Kool-aid and icing mix.


At first, I tried to mix the Kool-aid with the shaving cream to put in the bags. It smelled fantastic and looked great but wasn't easy to get into the bags. So I added white glue to the mix and it worked much better. I used pink lemonade Kool-aid and mint icing flavoring (powder). 


The children decorated cardboard cookies with "icing" and "sprinkles" of glitter and shaved soap. Since I mixed shaving cream and glue, the cookies could dry and be used for further imaginative play.


Sharing with the Weekly Kids Co-op and For the Kid's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, it makes me happy!